Posted on 11/04/2022 in Company News, by Jon
Due to continued growth we’re hiring for a Technical Service Engineer – Thermal Printer Support
MIDLANDS – Whetstone, Leicester
Company vehicle, Mobile Phone, Laptop
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
We are a leading label manufacturer with flexographic and digital printing services. To compliment this we market and supply a diverse range of thermal label printers. Due to continued growth we’re looking for a technical support engineer based from our office in Whetstone, Leicester covering the UK for onsite maintenance. The individual should have strong communication skills both written and verbal and be mechanically biased.
This opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of Service and Repair on our thermal label printers which are supplied within a variety of manufacturing environments.
This role will appeal to a ‘hands on’, technical support engineer who is looking for a broad role and is happy to travel.
- Primarily on site support and maintenance but also technical support by phone, email or video calling, in house repair, preparation of printers for installation and arranging visits for our extended team of engineers.
- We’re looking for a team player who is adaptable and contributes towards the success of the business with a willingness to learn.
- On site support for our range of thermal printers and associated label design software
- Servicing and maintenance for return to base machines and our in house printing bureau
- Reporting back with regular updates
- Remote Desktop, Video calling for remote overseas installations and customer support
- Must have a UK Driving Licence with no more than 3 points.
Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications excel, access, word and outlook
- Telephone Support / Technical support experience
- Thermal label printer experience preferred but not essential, training will be provided for the right candidate
- Ability to effectively fault find and diagnose an issue over the phone, email or video call
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Willingness to travel UK wide
- Flexibility required
Home based field service engineer also considered if located around the Nottingham / Sheffield area.
Training will be provided for the right candidate however experience in telephone support and customer service is essential.
All applications or questions please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com